Feather-Touch Eyebrow Art
Feather-Touch Eyebrows gives the effect of ultra-fine, delicate hair strokes that blend and mimic your natural brow hair along the brow bone.
Morgan will work with your original brow – be it too patchy, thin, and sparse or not an ideal shape for your profile and she will revive a new look. After a consultation during which your face, eye shape and colourings are analysed, Morgan will outline your new brows using pencil. This ensures that you the client will be able to see exactly what the finished style and result will look like. No set of brows are the same!
Because client comfort is the utmost importance, compounded numbing agents are applied prior and during the treatment process – the pre drawn brow template is followed with use of custom mixed specialist pigments. Morgan likes to allow a little extra time to map out your brow template so that the process is not rushed and the client feels completely comfortable and relaxed going into the procedure.
Before your Eyebrow Enhancement
There are a few things that are necessary to know before you come in to have your procedure done.
Your eyebrows will be pencilled in during your session so it is not necessary to fill them in before you come to your appointment. This is done so you can see what your finished result with resemble.
It is essential that medication, which causes blood thinning is avoided for a minimum of 72 hours prior to your appointment with Morgan. *If this is medication you take regularly or you are unsure please contact your health care professional to consult on if it is possible for you to come off the medication for this time.
Please refrain from alcohol and caffeine the day of and the night before your appointment and extreme sun exposure for 30 days prior due to the risk of skin exfoliation.
PLEASE NOTE :If you are using Accutane, you must wait a minimum of six months before considering having Eyebrow Enhancement carried out or any other cosmetic tattoo procedure. These procedures can not be performed whilst on Accutane.
Unfortunately your appointment will be rescheduled and your deposit will be forfeited if you do not follow these crucial points.
Care for your new Eyebrow Enhancement
Proper care following your treatment is necessary to make sure the best results are achieved. You will be given an after care sheet on the day of your treatment to take with you. Make sure you review the instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact Morgan.
You may experience the following symptoms for up to 4 days
- Minor swelling and redness.
- Mild tenderness.
- Itchiness in the eyebrow area.
- Dry flaking skin.
These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
Daily care to follow for 7-10 days
- Treat your brows like an open wound
- Bepanthan Antiseptic cream is recommended for use on brows twice daily for healing and colour retention. A very thin application only.
- No exercise for 3-4 days following the procedure.
- No sweating, saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms for 7 days.
- No ocean (salt or pool water) for 10-14 days.
- No retinol/vitamin A products on the forehead for 30 days.
- Be prepared for the colour intensity of your procedure to be significantly larger, sharper, brighter or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. As the healing process occurs the colours will soften and lighten and look more natural.
- While the injected tones may initially simulate the exact colour and tone desired, it may not always remain a perfect match. Injected tones are constant, while you own skin tones will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun, circulatory changes and how your skin metabolises the pigment.
- Remember if you wear glasses, please don’t forget to bring them so you can see clearly the proposed shape, colour, and style of brow Morgan will create for you.
- The approximate healing period is 10-14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and also by poor diet.
- Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch adjustment visit allowing a fine tune of your enhancement. This is included in the initial eyebrows cost (within 6 weeks of the initial treatment), however if you do not attend your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
Long term care
- Use sunscreen every day. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics. A high quality SPF 50+ sunscreen that is safe to use with your cosmetic procedure is available to be purchased from Morgan if needed.
- Chemical peels, laser treatments or other medical procedures to the facial area should be cautious of the tattoo area. You must advise your technician, as care must be taken around these areas.
- It is recommend brows be maintained every 6-12 months for a fresh colour boost. This is dependant on the person.
Will cosmetic tattooing work well for me?
It isn’t for everyone. There are some cases where cosmetic tattooing will not work depending on skin type, existing hair and/or lifestyle choices.
- Iron deficient or anaemic clients should be advised that increased bleeding might occur during the procedure as well as a faster fade of the pigment over time. This is also the case for frequent smokers.
- Clients with oily skin types should acknowledge that cosmetic eyebrow tattooing would not work as well as the constant oil production will gradually soften the look.
- For clients with little to no existing eyebrow hair, the results will appear much less natural and will give a less 3D look to the eyebrows.
Is the clinic and equipment safe?
Morgan adheres to a high level of hygiene standards with the use of disposal needles and supplies.
A safe environment is provided at all times for all clients where the procedure room are disinfected and cleaned prior to and following each client visit. Morgan adheres to the Queensland Government Infection Control Guidelines and has her Personal Appearance Service Licence from Brisbane City Council.
Feather-Touch Brows are currently $550. This includes consultation and one touch up 4-6 weeks after appointment.
- A non-refundable deposit is required prior to making your appointment. This will secure your appointment date and time.
- The deposit will be forfeited if you miss your appointment.
- The deposit will be forfeited if you cancel or move your appointment with less then 48 hours notice.
- If cancelling less than 5 days prior to your appointment $50 will be refunded. Due to legislation, anaesthetic is to be issued for clients with their personal information labelled on each product. This is ordered, compounded and paid for 5 days in advance to ensure it arrives on time.